Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Practice

The last couple days have been a bit frustrating.  The twinks are doing very well.  All the nurses say they are just so great and love taking care of them because they are so easy to watch.  (We know that will change when they get home right? ;). )  

The other day we gave them their first tub baths--

 it was probably one of the single most frustrating yet coolest nights of my life.  Being tired probably did not help the situation on the frustration part.  I simply felt like I didn't know what the heck I was doing.  I've bathed babies before while babysitting and such but it was like all of that just went out the window and my brain acted like the action of a bath was alien.  I was in charge of Kenzington and she seemed extra peeved at me for even waking her up to do so!

I think them being so far away from me and not seeing them throughout the day has weighed on me pretty dramatically lately.  It's made the feeling of being a mom seem like a dream, like it hasn't fully set in yet and wont until their home.  The hubs has been amazing in trying to let me know things are going to be alright.  I love him so much for being there for me and being strong for us.

I'm really hoping once all 3 of us get the hang of nursing things will seem a lot better.  They are so young/early and I shouldn't be so frustrated that they didn't catch on right away.  Practice makes perfect right?  That says it all for everything really, if you think about it!  

The fact that I have completely lost my appetite since they've been born has sure to of added to the list of all things.  =p  Blood sugar levels are probably not the greatest.

I really need to just keep telling myself, "They are doing amazing, we are going to be fine, just be patient".  I'm impatient, haha,  go figure right. We can do this though and it's just going to take some time.  Even through the frustrations of nursing, it's all worth it just to sit with them in my arms while they look around their new world and try their hardest to focus on who is sitting in front of them.  Who would of known something so small could grab your heart so tight. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Even if it's just to say "Hi"! Check back often, I may comment back!