Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Child like conversations



As I was driving to school, passing the many schools I do along the way, I saw a couple of kids walking together laughing and talking along the way.  It made me smile to see how carefree they seemed as they enjoyed their walk to school.  It also made me think, what did I talk to my friends about when I was 8-10yrs of age?  
As I sat there thinking, I couldn't come up with anything.  For the life of me I had no idea what my childhood conversations were like.  I imagine they were of random things like the new sticker I got on my bike, the new laser tag game out in stores, how cute but horribly mean some boy is, or something of the sort.  Now conversations are of money, school work, graduation, babies, bills, etc.  
It's like my brain cannot fully wrap around a childs mind.  Even just watching the twins as they play, as Kenzington notices something unusually different about a room and begins to squawk on and on.  I cannot imagine what she is saying about it.  In all seriousness I'm excited to see what they talk about to each other or even to us as they grown and experience the world.  
Most likely it will cause us to laugh and sigh at how innocent we all once were.  Don't you wish you could go back to that?

Do you remember any particular conversations you had when you were a child?  One that really stuck with you in your older years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Even if it's just to say "Hi"! Check back often, I may comment back!