Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

We've kind of already covered this.  Don't get me wrong I don't mind a drink here or there, specifically on vacation though.  But I see them mostly as an escape from someones problems.  Having been with an addict I guess it's pretty much set my view on it in stone.  They are pointless and I feel sorry for people who choose to use them.  There are the select few who become addicted not by choice for valid chronic pain.  Then there are the ones who seek it out.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to watch this and stop it.  So it happens.  I just wish more people had a voice about it instead of turning a blind eye or pretending it doesn't exist.  If there were I think more people would seek help instead of throwing their lives away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Even if it's just to say "Hi"! Check back often, I may comment back!